Saturday, April 19, 2014

Earth Day/Work Day

Today several people started four day ritual honoring the Earth. Today was about getting out there and doing something, be it clean the side of the highway, plant trees, clean a park, get out and enjoy nature. Whatever it was, do it and post about it. 

Well, I spent the afternoon cleaning our groves Nemeton. We raked leaves off the pathway and out of the meeting area and the Nemeton. Several small trees where cut down or the tops lopped off to make poles for the tarp we are using as a canopy.  We expanded the meeting area, pulled up stumps and cut firewood.  It was a very busy, exhausting afternoon.




I will be truthful, at first I wasn't looking forward to it. Nope, not at all. But once we were there and really digging in (yes, pun intended) I found I was enjoying myself.  It felt good reconnecting with the nature spirits in that area. Feeling the energy that flows through there was a pleasant surprise. It seems like every time we work on the area it seems to have a little more welcoming feel to it.  I don't know why the nature spirits feel more welcoming in the woods then the ones in the field, but there is a diffident difference in the energy in the Nemeton here.

Beltaine is in a couple of weeks, I can't wait to see the reactions of our grove mates when they see it. Also looking forward to "pimping" out the Nemeton for Beltaine. Hey! It's a holiday of fun, color and laughter, why shouldn't the Nemeton reflect that. I'm going to try and get people to help me make it look like a fairy exploded in it. That would be so awsome!  

No comments:

Post a Comment